Before the Core Curriculum Council will consider adding courses to the Core Curriculum, proposals for new courses or changes to courses must go through the standard curricular approval process
, i.e., submitted to and approved by the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC
). In addition, there are specific Core Curriculum documents that must be submitted together with these proposals to the UCC.
The documents that must be submitted together and in the following order
to the UCC are:
- New Course or Change in Course form
- Course Syllabus
- Materials supporting new or changed course as normally required by the UCC
- Core Curriculum Cover Sheet (Instructions)
- Core Curriculum Foundational Component Area(s) as applicable
- ICD Statement – if the course is to be considered for International and Cultural Diversity
- ICD Cover Sheet (Instructions)
Once the UCC approves proposals for new courses and changes to courses, they are sent to the Core Curriculum Council for approval. Approved Core Curriculum proposals are then forwarded to the Texas A&M University Faculty Senate for their consideration. Final approval is determined by the Coordinating Board.
Core Curriculum Council schedule of meetings and agenda deadlines