Online Ordering in Howdy
May purchase an official transcript through Howdy. Current students need to navigate to the Grades and Transcripts channel on their My Record tab to order a transcript.
Former students who attended Texas A&M University*, may be able to purchase an official transcript online through Howdy. Former students will need to visit the Grades and Transcripts channel on their Former Student tab to order a transcript.
* The following former students may order transcripts online:
- Texas A&M University students who attended from Fall 1985 to present
- School of Law students who attended from fall 2013 to present
- Health Science Center - Baylor College of Dentistry students who attended from fall 2009 to present
- Health Science Center - College of Medicine students who attended fall 1999 to present
- Health Science Center - College of Nursing students who attended fall 2008 to present
- Health Science Center - Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy students who attended fall 2006 to present
- Health Science Center - School of Public Health students who attended fall 1999 to present
Special Note for Former Student Online Transcript Ordering
- Former students who WERE enrolled in the past TWO YEARS
- Former students who WERE NOT enrolled in the past TWO YEARS
- Go to Howdy and click on the link to "Information about Former Student Access" box.
- You will need to select one of the three statuses from the popup window. (As a reminder former students who enrolled at Texas A&M prior to the fall 1985 semester or does not meet one of the requirements in mentioned above cannot order an official transcript online. Students who are unable to order an official transcript online will need to submit paper transcript request form to the Office of the Registrar via one of the other ordering methods listed below.)
- If you select the middle "WAS NOT enrolled in the past TWO YEARS" status, you will need to submit an online questionnaire verifying your identification.
- After you have submitted the online questionnaire an email will be sent to you with instructions on how to set up your account.
- There is a three-hour window for you to follow the instructions or you will be required to complete the online questionnaire again.
Transcript Order Details in Howdy
Students have 4 recipient options when ordering transcripts online. Students are only able to select ONE
of the following options to designate where their transcript should be delivered. Please note, official PDF transcripts may be ordered ONLY by students through Howdy.
- External College Code: Students should use this option only if they need to send their transcript to another university or college for admission purposes. This option may also be used to send an official transcript electronically to the Texas Board of Professional Engineers (College Code – Z00001).
- If students do not know the College Code, they may use the “Look Up College Code” link.
- If an institution accepts electronic transcripts from Texas A&M University, then the transcript will automatically be sent electronically when this option is used.
- Electronic transcript transmissions use the student’s full social security number, when possible. Electronic transcripts, included the full social security number, are encrypted before submits to the secured SPEEDE server, and are delivered encrypted to the receiving school. If for any reason students do not wish to provide their full social security number to a receiving institution, they may request to have a transcript mailed to the institution instead of electronic transmission via the ‘Issue to:’ option.
- If the institution does not accept electronic transcripts from Texas A&M University, the transcript will be mailed to the institution via U.S. Postal First Class mail.
- Please note: Not all institutions available to choose from the “Look Up College Code” option accept transcripts electronically from Texas A&M University. In the event electronic transcripts are not accepted by these institutions, the transcript will be sent to the general mailing address on file in our system via U.S. Postal First class mail. In all cases, students should review any address generated through this option and correct the address if it is not the address you need the transcript to be sent to. Please be advised mailed transcripts require additional delivery time.
- In all cases, students should review any address generated through this option and correct the address if it is not the address that the transcript needs to be sent to.
- One of Your Addresses: Students should use this option if they wish for their transcript to be mailed to one of the active addresses from the drop down menu.
- The active addresses available through this option will be active addresses on file for students in our student information system. If the addresses are no longer correct, students should update their addresses in the My Information channel under the View/Update Contact Information link.
- Please note, students living on-campus should not select their dorm room address for transcript delivery as they cannot be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service.
- Issue to: Students should use this option to enter only the name of an individual, office, or business to which you wish your transcript to be mailed via U.S. First Class Postal Service. Mailing address information will be entered during a later part of the transcript order process. (Do not issue the transcript to Texas A&M University, Texas A&M Health Science Center, or Texas A&M University – Galveston. Transcripts issued to either campus will not be mailed.)
- PDF: Students should use this option to send an official electronic PDF transcript to a recipient’s email address. Students must consider and enter information for all of the following information.
- Before requesting PDF transcript delivery, students should verify the recipient will accept a PDF transcript as an official document.
- When sending a transcript to another institution which accepts both SPEEDE and PDF transcripts, we strongly recommend sending the transcript through the SPEEDE option (External College Code) as these transcripts can typically be processed faster than paper or PDF transcripts and are usually the preferred method for SPEEDE schools.
- Recipient Name: Enter the recipient’s name (person, business, or institution) in this field.
- Recipient Email: Enter the correct email address for the recipient in this field.
- Please note: It is important to enter the correct email address for transmission of the PDF transcript as email addresses are not reviewed by, or accessible for correction by Office of the Registrar staff. Students are responsible for entering AND reviewing the correct recipient information.
- Student Email: Students should enter their email address in the Email From field to receive a confirmation email once the PDF transcript request has been processed.
On the Transcript Type page, students need to select between “Official” or “Official with TSI and Core Info” from the drop down menu for the required Transcript Type
- The “Official” transcript type will not include a TSI and Core Curriculum addendum at the bottom of the official transcript.
- The “Official with TSI and Core Info” transcript type will include a TSI and Core Curriculum addendum at the bottom of the official transcript.
- State mandated requirements direct Texas A&M University to print undergraduate state Core Curriculum information, TSI (Texas Success Initiative) status, and an Undergraduate Drop Counter addendum at the end of an official transcript when requested by a student.
- Texas A&M University undergraduate students sending an official transcript to other Texas undergraduate institutions of higher education or professional programs should select the “Official with TSI and Core Info” for their transcript.
- Any undergraduate student who enrolled at Texas A&M University for the 1995-1996 academic year or later may request an “Official with TSI and Core Info” transcript type.
- Undergraduate students enrolled prior to 1995 or students who only have graduate level coursework completed at Texas A&M University will not have core curriculum information in our student information system and therefore should request an “Official” transcript instead.
- The default number of transcripts designated for the indicated recipient on any online transcript order is 1.
- Students may purchase up to 20 official paper or EDI transcripts be sent to an authorized recipient in a single transcript online request. Students who need to order more than 20 transcripts be sent to a single recipient will need to submit separate orders for any additional transcripts required beyond the limit of 20 per transaction.
- Students may only send one official PDF transcript to an authorized recipient in a single transcript online request. Students who need to send more than 1 PDF transcripts to single or multiple recipients will need to submit separate orders for any additional transcripts required beyond the limit of 1 per PDF transaction.
In the "Print Transcript
" field, students will choose 1 of 3 options to indicate when the transcript should be processed (sent electronically or printed/mailed).
Official PDF Transcripts
- As soon as possible ⇒ Students who wish for their transcript to be processing in our daily batch processes, they will need to select the “As soon as possible” option.
- Hold for grades ⇒ Students who wish to request that the transcript processing be delayed until final grading has been completed for the current semester, the student should select ‘Hold for grades.'
- Hold for degree ⇒ Students who wish to request that the transcript processing be delayed until degrees have been posted for the current semester, the student should select ‘Hold for degree.’
- Students ordering an official PDF transcript in Howdy may elect to upload an attachment for delivery alongside their transcript to the email recipient. It should be noted that only the Texas A&M University official PDF transcript will be validated using the Adobe CDS signature
. Any additional documents uploaded by the student during the online ordering process for official transcripts in PDF format are included as a separate attachment for the recipient alongside the official PDF transcript. The additional attachment will not be signed with the Office of the Registrar's Adobe CDS signature, as staff do not review or authenticate attachments.
Acceptance of a student's uploaded documents is at the discretion of the recipient. Texas A&M University Office of the Registrar staff do not have access to these uploaded documents.
The delivery method drop down field on the Transcript Request Options page within the transcript ordering process is where students indicate how they wish their official transcript be sent to the authorized recipient. There are four options:
Any transcript which is designated with one of the pickup delivery methods, can only be picked up by the student at the specified location. These transcripts will not be mailed or faxed. Any transcript ordered with a pickup delivery method which has not been retrieved within 30 working days will be destroyed and the student will be required to order a new transcript.
Please note: students and recipients should note that any Texas A&M University official PDF transcripts sent to them are time-sensitive. The secure message, official transcript, and any student-uploaded document(s) will only be available for download or view on our Proofpoint server for 30 days.
- Official ⇒ students' official transcripts will be sent either via US First Class mail or electronically via the SPEEDE server (depending on which recipient option the student chose to use).
- Official w/unofficial fax ⇒ students' official transcript will be sent either via US First Class mail or electronically via the SPEEDE server (depending on which recipient option the student chose to use), plus an unofficial fax copy will be sent to the intended recipient.
- For fax requests, students should enter the correct fax number in the “Phone Number:” field on the Select Transcript Type page during the ordering process. This page is before the Transcript Request Options page. After they have entered the fax number in on the Select Transcript Type page, students will need to select this option on the following page to ensure their unofficial transcript is faxed to the appropriate recipient.
- Students should also enter a recipient address as an official transcript is also sent for all fax requests.
- Please note: most institutions, offices, and businesses will consider a faxed transcript as an unofficial copy. Some may not accept faxed transcripts at all. Students should check with the recipient FIRST before requesting this service.
- Transcript-Pickup @ Law School ⇒ Students enrolled at the Law School should choose this option should they need to pick up an official transcript at the front counter in the Student Services Office at the Fort Worth location. This option is only available to students enrolled at the Law School.
- Transcript-Pickup @ Registrar ⇒ Students should choose this option should they need to pick up an official transcript at the front counter in the Registrar's Office at the College Station campus.
Currently there are no express/overnight delivery options students are able to select for online transcript orders. If students need to have a transcript sent via FedEx overnight delivery or US Priority Express mail, they will need to submit a Transcript Request
form to the Registrar's Office and select this special service. Please refer to the Special Service Requests
Section below for more information.
Students may order or receive official transcripts at the Office of the Registrar in the General Services Complex, 750 Agronomy Road, Suite 1501. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. A photo ID is required when students order transcripts in person.
Third-Party Transcript Requests
Students may authorize a third party (family, spouse, friend, etc.) to order or pick up an official transcript. The authorized person must provide:
- A letter of authorization addressed to Texas A&M University, Office of the Registrar, (or a signed copy of the Third Party Authorization Form) which includes
- the date of the request
- student's full name
- student's identification number
- student's dates of attendance
- the full name of the person authorized to complete the transaction
- student's signature
- Completed and signed (by the student) Transcript Request Form
- indicating the number of transcripts requested
- including instructions on how the transcripts are to be handled after processing (mailed, given to third party in sealed envelope, faxed, etc.)
- A photo ID that identifies the third party as the person named in the letter of authorization.
- Appropriate payment for the number of transcripts requested and any special services requiring additional charges.
Letters of authorization may be presented to the office by the authorized third party or faxed in advance to (979) 862-3391.
Order by Mail
Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form, or write a letter providing the information requested on the form. Payment may be made by check, money order, or a credit card. If paying by credit card, students must include the card type, name in which the card is issued, card number, CSV code, and expiration date.
Mail the form or letter with the appropriate payment to:
Office of the Registrar
Texas A&M University
P. O. Box 30018
College Station, TX 77842-3018
Order by Fax
Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form, or write a letter providing the information requested on the form. Payment must be made by credit card. Students must include the card type, name in which the card is issued, card number, CSV code, and expiration date.
Fax the form or letter to (979) 862-3391.
Order by Email
Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form
, or write a letter providing the information requested on the form. Payment must be made by credit card. Students must include the card type, name in which the card is issued, card number, CSV code, and expiration date.
Students must then sent the transcript request form as an email attachment to email@example.com
. Staff will not process a transcript request received via email unless it includes a scanned signature from the student. The Office of the Registrar does not accept electronic signatures (i.e., e-signatures) for transcript requests.
As a reminder, Transcript staff cannot email official Texas A&M transcripts to students or other recipients.