The online grade change system is a paperless*, electronic workflow that allows grade change requests to be submitted, approved, and updated online. The primary course instructor may change a student's final grade by submitting a grade change request online in Howdy. All grade change requests route to the course department head. Grade change requests lowering a grade or submitted more than a year after the term end date will be routed to the course dean for approval. View instructions on submitting a grade change in Howdy.
*Paper Grade Change Report forms will still be required if:
- Grade changes for courses completed prior to Fall 2009.
- Primary Instructor of Record is not available to submit the grade change request online or sign the paper form. Requires a dean’s signature and memo justification.
- Only the primary instructor of record is eligible to sign a grade change form for their course. Additional graders for courses are NOT able to submit grade change requests, nor sign grade change report forms.
- Department Head approver is not available to approve the grade change either online or on paper. Requires a dean’s signature and memo justification.
- No Grade (NG) is requested. These can only be submitted on paper grade change report forms and only require the signature of the student’s Dean.
- Grade mode changes from S/U to a letter grade must be on a paper grade change form. Also requires an Add/Drop form requesting the grade mode change.
- Primary Instructor of Record or the required approvers (Department Head and/or Dean) have not completed the necessary steps to gain access to the online grade change system in Howdy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access assistance.
For additional information relative to the Change of Grade guidelines see Section 10.5 of the Texas A&M University Student Rules.